RIP MJ

12:47 PM Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »
I just wanted to post one of my favorite memories of Michael Jackson. I was a couple years old when I went to see the Captain EO 3D video at Disney, but I think it is one of my first memories. I remember being scared (which is probably why I remember it so well) because the vents kept coming out of the screen to 'get me.' But I loved it. It was then that my love for Michael Jackson's music started.
My parents had the Thriller tape and I remember stealing it from them to take it to my room and try to dance like him. I remember babysitting my next door neighbors and showing them the Thriller video. I had to turn it off because they were scared.
I have almost every single one of his albums, even the new ones. In high school I had 'Rock With You' as a ringtone on my phone. He has been there to make me smile and think that I could dance every step of the way.

RIP, you will be missed.

Now for some memories:



3 comments:

nivipa said...

Wow - does that Captain Eo take me back! I have always lived in southern California, so I've been to Disneyland more times that I've been to a movie theater (actually very, very true!). CE was like Star Tours or even Small World - no trip to Dland was complete without going there. The show they've replaced it with, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, just doesn't have the same pull for me.

Mary said...

Very nice tribute. He made me smile alot too.

contests and such said...

nivipa- that's so cool that you lived that close to Disneyland! Unfortunenately I only got to see it once :(
I did go back to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience and I agree it does not compare.

Mary- thanks, he was always good for a smile or just me smiling at myself for trying to do the moonwalk :)